- Family Advocacy Program
The U.S. Army Family Advocacy Program (FAP) helps Soldiers and their Families recognize and prepare for the unique challenges of military lifestyles. Our services include seminars, workshops, counseling, and intervention to help strengthen the relationships of Army Families.
We are also dedicated to the prevention domestic abuse, child abuse, and neglect of Soldiers and their Families through offering education, prompt reporting, investigation, intervention, and treatment.
If you need help, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at +1 (800)799-7233. You should also contact your installation’s Family Advocacy Program for more information.
- Child Abuse
If you fear a child is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.
The reporting point of contact for child abuse is the Military Police. If you know or suspect a child is being abused, please call:
- Schofield Barracks Military Police at +1 (808)655-5555
- Fort Shafter Military Police at +1 (808)438-7114
- State of Hawaii’s Child Welfare Services at +1 (808)832-5300
Child Advocacy Service Advocates work with non-offending parents/guardians of victims of child sexual abuse or child physical abuse that requires hospitalization. Child advocates can provide emotional support during medical treatment, forensic interviews, legal processes, and court proceedings. Child advocates can provide resource information and referral services for local private and public child and Family programs.
- Child is an Army family member under 18
- Child has been sexually abused
- Child has been physically abused and requires hospitalization
- Resources and Helpful Links
For more information or to register for Family Advocacy Program classes (or any other Army Community Service classes), visit the ACS Class Calendar.
- Installation Victim Advocate 24/7 +1 (808)624-SAFE (7233)
- Education and Prevention (Class Information and Requests) +1(808) 655-4227
- New Parent Support Program +1 (808)655-4227
- Family Advocacy Program Treatment Schofield Barracks +1 (808)433-8579 Tripler +1 (808)433-6066
- USAG-HI Child Supervision Policy
- Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) Emergency Room +1 (808) 433-3707
- Army FAP Behavioral Health +1 (808)433-6606 (TAMC) or +1 (808)433-8579 (Schofield)
- Sex Abuse Treatment Center +1 (808)535-7600
- Oahu Children’s Justice Center +1 (808)534-6700
- Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline +1-(800)-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453)
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline +1 (800)656-HOPE
- Military One Source
- My Army One Source
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
- Hawaii State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- DoD Victim and Witness Assistance Council
- What's FAPening Articles
Every month, the Family Advocacy Program contributes an article to the What's FAPening column in Discover Magazine. Read our latest topics:
- Email Us