Family and MWR Pet Kennels
- 196 covered dog kennels
- 19 cat kennels
- Grassy lawns
- Large exercise play areas
- Payments and Fees
Kennel Size First Pet Additional Pet Small (8'x5') dogs up to 14lbs $18 $14 Medium (15'x5') dogs up to 50lbs $20 $16 Large (18'x5') dogs over 51lbs $22 $18 XL (25'x5' All dogs $24 $20 Suite (35'x8') All dogs $26 $22
- All prices are per night.
- Small kennels can accommodate cats of all sizes.
- Kennels are assigned based on weight and availability only.
- We may weigh the dog at our facility to determine kennel size.
We accept Visa and MasterCard at the facility. Sorry — we cannot accept payments over the phone at this time.
Payments for boarding are as follows:
- A 2 day deposit is required within 5 days of making a reservation. During your pet's stay, we accept payments at any time. Full payment is expected when picking up your pet.
- For extended stays (greater than two months), please contact the office to make monthly payments. Any stay greater than 30 nights will receive a 10% discount off the total cost.
- For emergency leave, TDY and PCS boarding, you can pick up your pet early with no penalties. We ask that you let us know so we can accommodate other reservations.
- There are no early pick-ups for leisure travel boarding. If you decide to pick your pet up early, you will be responsible for the remaining days booked.
- If you are providing your pet’s food, it must be in a hard, ant-proof container (no glass please) with a good rubber seal around the lid.
- Ziplocs, plastic bags, dog food bags (with or without Ziploc), or Tupperware without a rubber seal will not be accepted. All containers must have an air-tight seal!
- We can provide pet food for an additional $2 per day, per pet. We are currently feeding Nutro Max for dogs and IAMS for cats.
We provide grooming for your pets, including baths and brushing, at your request. Please schedule with the office.
- If you provide the shampoo:
- $15 (includes towel dry and brush)
- If we provide the shampoo:
- $20 (includes towel dry and brush)
- $5 per brushing for any size pet
- Medications and Vaccinations
- The Family & MWR Pet Kennels require that all pets have the required vaccinations. Proofs of vaccinations are required with each reservation. Dogs and puppies must have adequate vaccinations Distemper (can be an annual or a three year vaccination depending on the pet’s age) and Bordetella also known as the kennel cough vaccination (required every six months). Since we are an outdoor facility, we highly recommend that your pet also be vaccinated against Leptospirosis. Cats and kittens must have adequate vaccinations for feline Distemper, FVRCP. We recommend additionally vaccinating your cat for FeLV.
- All pets must be free of fleas, ticks, heartworm, and intestinal parasites.
- Pets must be medicated to control external parasites with some kind of prescription strength product. Some acceptable products include: Frontline, Advantix, Revolution, Trifexis, NEX, Comboguard, sentinel, etc. Please ask your doctor what is right for your pet in this environment. If your pet is not already on a flea and tick preventative, the product must have been applied 3 days before boarding your pet.
- Pets are required to be on a monthly heartworm preventive (for example: Heartgard). Please ask your doctor what is right for your pet in this environment.
- Pets must also be free from internal parasites. Please bring evidence of an annual fecal test.
- If your animal requires medication, we can administer medications with the exception of injections.
- $1 per medicine
- $2 per dosage per pet
- IMPORTANT: Any medication must be accompanied by the original packaging or container with proper label. We cannot accept a zip lock bag full of pills, vitamins, or anything else. If your pet is on a regiment of multiple medications and you normally use a “seven-day pill organizer “ of some kind, feel free to provide that for us. Please also include the prescription bottles on the side so that if any questions arise, we can identify the medication as needed.
Requests for reservations are to be made in person 7 days a week between the hours of 10a-2p (Closed on federal holidays) or by telephone at 808-368-3456. Once a reservation is confirmed, to avoid cancellation, a deposit must be paid within 5 days.
Visa or MC payments
Reservations up to 29 nights=2 night deposit
30+ nights=50% deposit
Cancelling GREATER than 10 days prior to your reservation drop off date = REQUEST FOR REFUND.
Cancelling WITHIN 10 days of your reservation drop off date = 90 DAY CREDIT.
Any changes GREATER than 10 days prior to your reservation = NO CHARGE.
Any changes WITHIN 10 days of your reservation AND during the stay = You will be held accountable to pay for original dates booked at the time you paid your deposit. Extensions are based upon availability and when requested during the stay, full payment is required. If there is no availability to extend, you must have your authorized contact persons pick up your pet(s) and the balance must be paid in full before your pet(s) are discharged from the MWR Pet Kennel Facility.
TRAVEL 30+ NIGHTS
50% deposit is required to secure reservation
(2) on island emergency contacts
Credit card information to be placed on file
Duty and personal email address
ACTIVE DUTY: Command & Supervisor’s name and number
DOD: Employment location and Supervisor’s name and number
Retirees: Full payment or valid credit card information to be placed on file
10% discount on entire stay will apply at final balance.
TRAVEL 60+ NIGHTS
Payment in advance every 30 days starting at day of drop off. 10% discount will apply.
All orders must be submitted and verified no later than the time of your reservation drop off date. Orders will have priority in facility services at all times.
*All facility policies, terms, requirements are subject to change with/without notice
- Family MWR Pet Kennel Registration Form - Fill it out and bring the form to the pet kennel for final registration.
- Refund Form - For refunds please fill out the top portion of the form, sign/date and email it back to us at hi[email protected], with a copy of receipt given at deposit date. Please provide full name, full address, home/work phone numbers (Note; Do Not Provide SSN#) and, state your reason for canceling.
- PCSing To/From Hawaii
Hours of Operation
|Monday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
The Family & MWR Pet Kennel offers your furry friends a place to stay while you’re away!
Our outdoor facility features:
With our exceptional customer service and passion for animals, you can be confident in leaving your dogs and cats with us. Our kennels will soon become your pet's favorite home away from home.