New Parent Support
- Home visits: Scheduled at your convenience, home visits bring you education and reassurance right to your own home on many topics, including breastfeeding, sleeping, nutrition, potty training, age-appropriate discipline, developmental screenings, sibling rivalry, stress management, deployment issues, and time management. NPSP-Home Visitors are supportive and caring licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) or registered nurses (RNs). They have extensive experience working with young children and are sensitive to your unique challenges as a military Family.
- Expectant Parent Workshop: Helps to provide valuable information about pregnancy and postpartum health, basic infant care, infant massage, parenting skills, safety, discipline, stress management, deployment issues, and community resources.
- Play groups: Scheduled regularly at installations, they help children learn through play in a supportive atmosphere that benefits parents as well. Activities include story time, crafts, and music.
- Military Homefront: A free weekly parenting email with support, tips and advice, updates about your baby’s developmental milestones, and other great information curated just for you.
- Who is Eligible?
Active duty Army Service Members and Family Members who are expecting a child and/or have children from 0 to 3 years of age are eligible to participate in the NPSP.
Even if you are not a first time parent, you may find that adding a new family member presents significant changes in your family. The NPSP offers you the opportunity to express your concerns and ask questions regarding your changing family.
- When will Expectant Parents Be Visited?
When possible, home or office visits are arranged at your convenience. Visits can be scheduled so that both parents are available to learn about becoming a parent or to acquire new skills in caring for a growing family.
- How do we Enroll?
You may visit our office at Army Community Service (ACS) or give us a call at +1 (808)655-4227.
- Helpful Links
- Email Us
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) promotes healthy Families through a variety of services including home visits, support groups, and parenting classes. We help Soldiers and Families learn to cope with stress, isolation, post-deployment reunions, and the everyday demands of parenthood. Army Families who are expecting a child or who have children up to age three can participate in all of our services confidentially and free of charge.
Each installation has developed unique New Parent Support Program services that include:
Contact your installation Army Community Service (ACS) Family Advocacy Program for more information. You can also call Military OneSource for more information and referrals (CONUS: +1 (800)342-9647; OCONUS: 00-800-3429-6477; To call collect with operator assistance OCONUS: +1 (484)530-5908.